Help with Ipod Touch 3G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SuperBigDog, Oct 9, 2010.

1. SuperBigDog

SuperBigDog New Member

Hi everyone, really need some help with my iPod.

I have an iPod touch 3G currently on FW 3.1.2 jailbroken with Blackra1n. I was in the process of upgrading to 4.1 and trying to jailbreak with SnowBreeze when everything crashed on me.

Now when I turn on my iPod it just sits at the Apple logo for about 5 minutes then proceeds to the "plug into iTunes" screen. The problem is that it starts looping by resetting and just going through it over and over until the battery dies. The other problem is that even if I do plug it into iTunes, nothing comes up. My computer doesn't recognize anything being plugged in.

I've tried putting it into DFU mode (however I can't say Im 100% sure I did it correctly though I've tried so many times, Ive followed every instruction but still nothing will come up), Ive tried kicking out of recovery loop using iReb 3.1.2 and 4.0 and I've tried using iRecovery but it keeps popping up "No iPhone/iPod touch found" on the command screen. I've installed LibUSB as well for the iREB and iRecovery programs.

When I try putting into DFU mode the screen just goes black and it's like I turned it off. It does take a while to start up after but then it just goes back to looping.

I've tried it on both a Windows 64 bit system and 32 bit system.

Please help!
  2. loukas77

loukas77 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well DFU always works for me. Try theese steps to make sure you are putting it in DFU:

1) Plug the ipod in the pc and power the ipod OFF completely.
    2) Hold Home and Power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds EXACTLY.
    3) After the 10 seconds, lwt the power button but KEEP holding the home button for as long as it takes to hear the "device connected" windows sound. It can take up to 30 seconds after you let the power and hold the home button to show up in the pc.

I hope you get your ipod restored soon! (as i am in a similar situation right now... =_= but i can get in dfu but i don't want to restore)
  3. SuperBigDog

SuperBigDog New Member

Thanks for the reply!

The problem I run into is that there's no actual option for me to power off my ipod. Im assuming it's turned off when it's completely black but if I hold the power button there's no "slide to power off" option.

Ill try it again, Ive read that it really is the timing to get into DFU mode, and Ill just keep holding the home button and hope it connects. I don't care if I have to restore!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    More information. I've tried RecBoot, iREB, iRecovery, DFU'ing, force restore and no luck. It all boils down to my computer(s) not even recognizing my iPod being plugged in. Is there anything I can do?
  4. loukas77

loukas77 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I can't help you more if you can't get into DFU or the pc does not recognise it... sorry

Please Register or Log in to view images

My ipod won't turn on either so i'm entering DFU when it's powered off. It's not a problem. You just hold the buttons as i described. Sorry i couldn't help...
  5. SuperBigDog

SuperBigDog New Member

I brought it in to be serviced at an apple store. Apparently it's a hardware and software problem. It looks like 3 pins are bent inside my ipod! I have no idea how, I have a charger cable, the cable to the my computer and a cable for my car. It could have happened anywhere.