Help With iPod Touch 2G WiFi?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ipwnnubletz, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Hi, This is my first problem with my iPod Touch since I got it on Black Friday. So I have my iPod, and it is connected to my wireless network. There are the wireless "bars" next to "iPod" on the upper left corner of the screen. When I go on Safari and type in a site, it says "Loading..." and just stays there. Nothing loads. I'm currently on my PC and it works just fine. I tried resetting my iPod, resetting the router, and disconnecting and reconnecting to my network, but to no avail. Can someone help? I am 14 years old and don't want to call Apple Support yet. I'll save that as a last resort for when I don't find any solutions.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It's on a WPA if that helps any.
  2. Mohsflare

Mohsflare New Member

Try goin into the settings by hitting the blue arrow pointing to he right. Then find renew lease the touch that and renew lease. It worked for me if any questions reply
  3. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Tried that.^. I've tried almost everything possible.
  4. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Initially, I took WiFinder "web app" from iTunes store, using my laptop, to see if the router was open or closed. It also reports the name given the router and signal strength.

I found the WiFI I could use here.

I have since added DSLR to check latency and download speed to help figure out performance of Orb Live for "live TV" and internet tv.

I have also added two others, Snap and Portscan, because I couldn't resist... like why would our small town public library show no MAC address and host 250 computers when the library only has three computers for public use and two computers, one at the front desk and one for the supervisor in their office, and then, have so many highly unusual open ports... a mystery.

Try the WiFInder "web app" and see if the router is Open and check the signal strength.

If everything is good, maybe your MAC address is blocked, however that isn't likely... if the signal strength is a 2 or a 3, or less, Safari will not do much.

It seems this is your router, but some brands are difficult to set up properly.

It is possible, like the young man on another thread, you may have a problem of sibling rivalry. In that instance, a blocked MAC address is the most likely problem.

The MAC address is a machine "ID" and in this instance, your iPod Touch MAC address could be blocked. In that instance, that other thread has all the helpful advice.

There is nothing much you can do about it, except reset the router by the number of different methods described at that thread. There isn't much you can do without going in the instructions at the router.
  5. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

2 questions

1. what firmware are you on?
    2. did you try turning wifi off and on again on your touch?
  6. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Is that brand new battery "conditioned" a few cycles and charged up to full charge?

I didn't have much perform properly, at first, for that reason.
  7. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Ok, first of all, I'm only 14 years old, and with a lot to learn. I didn't get ANYTHING geekgrrl just said, the post above newton's. Although I appreciate you trying to help. And yes, I HAVE tried turning the WiFi off and back again. And the page on my wireless network, when I tap on it, and tap renew lease, everything refreshes fine. I get a new IP, and everything is reported correctly.

EDIT: It says what firmware I have on the devices thing. Bu I have 2.2.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok i have this problem half solved. I tried with my iPod again, and it worked for around five minutes. But it stopped working again. After that, I waited around ten minutes, I tried again, and it worked. But after around 5 minutes of use, it stops working. Just an update.