Help with iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pinofromthebay, Jul 2, 2009.

1. pinofromthebay

pinofromthebay Member

So i bought a 1st gen iphone on ebay and started to restore it to 3.0 firmware. It was almost done restoring until it gave error 13 i think. I tried it again with the original firmware downloaded through itunes and tried dfu and recovery mode. It gave me some other errors when i tried it the other times like error 9 or 6.

My iPhone was suck on 'your iphone was deteched in recovery mode, restore to use' msg. I tried it again then it gave me 'your iphone was deteched but could not be identified, please disconnect and try again. error 1'. When this happened the iphone screen turned white then went black. It wont turn on at all. When i plug it back in nothing happens. It doesnt charge, my computer doesnt recognize it at all, doesnt detech a usb port being used. Ive tried a whole bunch of things and nothing seems to work. I tried on my laptop also but nothing and my ipod connects justs fine on both of them.

Any solution to this? Ive been looking all over online for a solution but nothing worked. Im guessing this is just a hardware problem and im screwed since its out of warrenty.

My last resort is taking it to the apple store and seeing if they can get it to work.
  2. hotfuzz

hotfuzz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you are trying to update to 3.0 then make sure you have itunes 8.2