iOS 3.1 Help with iPhone 3GS!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Problematique, May 21, 2010.

1. Problematique

Problematique New Member

Okay well, I tried Spirit on my newly purchased (off of Craigslist) iPhone 3G yesterday. It had a clean fw 3.1.3, newest iTunes version and all.

I launched Spirit, it worked (Jailbreak successful) and the Spirit splash screen thing came up and the bar loaded fully. However, it froze at that stage. I read a couple forum posts and decided to just hard restart it but after that it proceeded to get stuck at the boot screen.

Now, I've tried several things yet it's still stuck. I've done restores via recovery screen, restores via DFU, and the iRecovery thing.

The weirdest thing though, is that it booted up last night for a while. I hit the sleep button though, and after that it wouldn't turn back on.

Any advice on what I can do to fix this?

edit for clarification: after it shut down last night, it WILL boot up, but it will still be stuck at the Apple logo.

edit again, for clarification: A minute or two into the boot-up process it will show a spinning wheel. After every 6 minutes or so it will shut-off and promptly attempt to boot back up.

Any help is appreciated.
  2. dre@ms

dre@ms Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Did you try a restore thru iTunes and then the spirit jb??
  3. Problematique

Problematique New Member

Yes. After any restore though, it still gets stuck at the boot screen.
  4. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Did you try a force reboot?
  5. Problematique

Problematique New Member

Force reboot as in...?

I've tried the iRecovery thing if that's what you're talking to. Didn't work, even after a couple attempts.