Help with Installer

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by hloakes, Apr 4, 2008.

1. hloakes

hloakes New Member

I just used the Pwnd method for mac on my Touch with 1.1.4.

I am trying to install app but keep seeing references to go to Installer, but I cannot find instructions for installing it on version 1.1.4 Touch. I find instruction for previous versions.

Maybe I am an idiot, but I have been looking around the web for hours but cannot get the thing on my Touch. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    If you pwnd and then made a 1.1.4 custom firmware to load with itunes it will have installer already on it. You can also open the pwnage tool package and add apps automaticaly when you install the firmware.
  3. hloakes

hloakes New Member

Thanks for the reply but evidently I a still missing something.

I have made the custom firmware, but when i go to iTune to restore, the only option I am given is to check for the latest update. If I allow this it loads the latest firmware from Apple. If I choose Cancel it shut the restore down.

How do I force it to allow me to choose a restore file?

Thanks,
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Ok, first you need to open pwnage, select browse ispw and select the 1.1.4 firmware. After it loads put the ipos in restore mode(not dfu) and run ipwnr and it will pwn your ipod. Now right click or ctl click the pwnage tool icon and show packages. Then you can go in and add apps and stuff. Then use the builder to make a custom firmware. Go into restore mode, open itunes, and option click restore and then choose your custom firmware.
  5. hloakes

hloakes New Member

"option click restore "

Thanks for the help!

It was using the Option key that was giving me fits.