help with installer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by brybrybry, Dec 22, 2008.

1. brybrybry

brybrybry New Member

hi all...
    im very new to ipod touch and just joined this forum in hope of getting some help..

i am having problems trying to get the installer on to my touch.. heard that the only way to get customize is thru installer..

also.. i would like to know how to get themes..

do i have to jailbreak the ipod?

thx.
  2. TomPom

TomPom New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You have to jailbreak to get installer on there, although, if you have a 2G touch you cant yet jailbreak.
  3. brybrybry

brybrybry New Member

oh.. i have 2g... but then i thought 2g was good because it didnt require any jailbreaking...

so the only way i can get themes or customize is to jailbreak and i cant jailbreak now?
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

The 2G is thinner and has a built-in speaker along with volume controls; it doesn't come 'pre-jailbroken'... and the App Store's available with any device using Firmware 2.x. So at this point, you're kinda stuck if you want to customize anything other than the lock screen wallpaper. And Customize for 2.x is pretty dead anyways, and has been since July.
  5. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Customize has been defeated by Winterboard.
  6. Germany

Germany Banned

I highly recommend getting Cydia instead of Installer. It is newer and much better. Also, make sure to get Winterboard. It is a must for all of the customization available for your jailbroken iPod.
  7. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah you have to jailbreak and don't use installer, it used to be good and stuff, but since 2.x, Cydia is the way to go!