Help with installer app

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Oblef, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Oblef

Oblef New Member

Hey

If i jailbreak my touch with TouchFree do I then get the iphone apps? Im only interested in maps, mail, notes and calender fix.

Do I get them as soon as I jailbreak with Touchfree or should I install them with installer app?

Thanks..
  2. hypersucker

hypersucker New Member

you cant install them with installer app, well not maps and mail since they're not open source progs, they're copyrighted. you need to get them yourself and install them manually on your pod.
  3. Oblef

Oblef New Member

But Calender fix AND notes are in the installer?

Is it hard to install maps and mail? Cause Im really a noob, and I don't know how to use FTP if thats required?
  4. hypersucker

hypersucker New Member

notes might be, calendar fix I didnt have to install, it came fixed on my touch from apple. yes, you need to SSH to your touch to install it manually. if you got a bit of time on your hands to read up on stuff, it's actually pretty easy. once the touch is jailbroken, that is

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Oblef

Oblef New Member

Alright, I dont have my touch yet.. My order status is by now "prepared for shipment" so dont you think the calender is also fixed on mine? I expect to get it this monday.

Alright, can you tell me what the function of "Summerboard" is, and how I install summerboard after jailbreaking with TouchFree?
  6. hypersucker

hypersucker New Member

summerboard "enhances" apple's springboard so you can skin/theme most aspects of your interface. once jailbroken just install installer.app and let it, the touch and your wlan connection do the rest. in installer app you can chose all the apps you want to install, like summerboard.
  7. Oblef

Oblef New Member

Is there a list of the apps installer offers somewhere? That would be very nice..

And do you think the calender problem is fixed on the Touch I get on monday?
  8. hypersucker

hypersucker New Member

http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/ try here, it's not only nullriver's repository but also if you install the community sources package you get way more app access.

dont know about the calendar. I just know, I never fixed it myself and when I wanted to, it was already showing a plus sign for editing. so I assume, apple fixed it meanwhile.
  9. Oblef

Oblef New Member

Its probably fixed on mine if it was on yours since mine is never. Just wondering, is Firmware 1.1.1 the newest firmware available for ipod touch ?
  10. hypersucker

hypersucker New Member

yes, and yours doesnt have to be newer. not necessarely. it heavily depends on where it was shipped from and through what channels you got it. a serial check will show.