Help with installer and a few apps!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aortiz45, Sep 6, 2008.

1. aortiz45

aortiz45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok one day i was trying to figure out how to save games using terminal and i put chown -R root:wheel /Applications/Installer.app. Then i went to installer to install suid lib fix for terminal because i it wouldnt let me login root using alpine thus getting (login incorrect). But once opening installer it said insufficient permissions installer was not installed correctly. It should be run as root:wheel. We will continue but please remember that it may not function correctly. So i cant install and uninstall and since i have the 1.1.5 compatablity patch installed (having firmware N/A)? I cant install the installer fix from i.comicmac.com/repo.xml cause i get error 1.1.3 or newer frimware needed to install this patch. And last but not least mobilefinder doesnt let me edit or change anything......so pretty much im stuck so if you could help it would be appreciated.
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What do you mean by "save games using the terminal"?
    Also, why are you messing with permissions?
  3. aortiz45

aortiz45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well i was trying to find the commands needed to save roms in gpsphone and i didnt know it would screw up installer
  4. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, you've wrecked your installer permissions from the looks of it.
    I still don't understand what you mean by "save roms". Do you mean transfer? And if so, why are you messing with installer, they're completely different programs.

If you want to transfer, use AFP (Mac) or WinSCP (Windows).
  5. aortiz45

aortiz45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oh its cause i installed some roms and when i went into gpsphone they were gone so i googled and it turns out that they are hidden and it was given with the command chown -R root:wheel /Applications/Installer.app
    and chmod 4755 /Applications/Installer.app/Installer and this was when i realized i couldnt set permissions with terminal cause i keep getting operation not permitted and then the installer problem

EDIT: also i dont have suid lib fix for terminal thus login root + alpine doesnt work.