Help with iClear

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by bsblade, Mar 18, 2008.

1. bsblade

bsblade New Member

So I have the Griffin iClear and I've only encountered a few problems, most of which are my fault. In a rush of excitement when I first got the iPod, i messed up the static cling. The thing is, I have lots of pet and there is hair everywhere in my house, so I have a couple of tiny hairs stuck under the static cling. Is there any way to get rid of this? I also have a couple of bubbles on the side that I can't get rid of. The only problem that I can't explain is that I got the case when I got the iPod, and put it on immediately, yet the back of my iPod has somehow been scratched. Has anybody else had this problem with the iClear?
  2. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

I think you're out of luck. Those things are meant to be put on once. Maybe twice. Once it collects particles, you won't be able to get them out. Unless you tweezer them one by one. I know, I've tried. I've even try soaking it in boiling water hoping they would somehow fall off. No luck.

But don't take my word for it. Maybe someone else here have a solution for you.

Good luck.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. FellowMD

FellowMD New Member

rinse it off with water, then dry it by putting it between to sheets of printer paper. Paper towels have a lot of lint and dust that will stick to it, but if you use the printer paper it turns out like you just opened it. I had the same problem myself
  4. bsblade

bsblade New Member

thank you so much.

EDIT: Just tried it, and it didnt really work. This theory probably would work for other people, but my static cling is just messed up beyond repair. I'm just gonna get rid of it, i think ill go caseless.
  5. WV6Z

WV6Z New Member

bsblade, I think I would at least use the case for protection even if your static cling sheet is screwed. You know you can get clear sheets for the face plates or glass on just about anything from Circuit City and Best Buy, right?

As far a bubble removal and reduction in future, use a brand new razor blade to carefully pierce the bubble in the center and carefully force the the air to the center and VIOLA, no more bubble!
  6. bsblade

bsblade New Member

it wasnt just the static cling that was annoying me, i just couldnt stand how thick the case made it, the ipod touch is so thin and thats what i like about it. im just using a sock and i am very careful with it.