Help with getting iPhone Advice

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 123qwesz, Dec 12, 2008.

1. 123qwesz

123qwesz Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey guys and gals,

Just yesterday, my iPod touch died on me (Don't wish to talk about it) and after being with me for 1 year, I have decided to vote for a change (Obama! Just joking).

Anyway, I am looking forward to buying an iPhone now. However, question is its capability to handle multiple applications.

First off, Gigabyte size. I have always wondered how this actually works. My iPod touch (8GB, 1st Generation) tends to lag whenever I open some huge file such as "The Price is Right" Appstore game. Apart from that, I converted a lot of movies which all constituted to an overall of 6GB. If I were to get, let's say a 16GB iPhone, will it lag as much especially when I have occupied its halfway mark of 8GB? On top of that, there is the phone-sms-camera functionalities. Won't it lag even more?

Next question is that of the quality of video of the iPhone 3G. Yea, 3G. I have heard that there are mark improvements from the first iPhone in terms of video quality. Can anyone justify this? Is the camera quality just as good?

I really am at a loss here as my iPod touch has been part of my life for the past year. Hopefully, the iPhone can make things better.
  2. willdacracka

willdacracka Member

Device:
    iPhone
    The iPhone is much better. You won't miss your iPod at all. It's like taking a tv and putting tivo on it. You won't know how you lived without the extra stuff.
  3. 123qwesz

123qwesz Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    LOL! Great analogy! In terms of lag, will the capacity justify for this?
  4. willdacracka

willdacracka Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I've got a first gen iPhone and experience no lag as compared to my iPod touch of the same capacity. Should be good to go.