Help with Frozen 32gb Itouch!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by drugofchoice76, Jun 30, 2010.

1. drugofchoice76

drugofchoice76 New Member

3 days ago i was connected to iTunes when it asked me if i wanted to update to a newer version.I clicked and everything was going fine until my computer turned off.Then it turned on and off about 10 times in a row.At first i thought it was a virus but how can i get a virus directly from iTunes?Anyways...now my iTunes does not recognise the iTouch and the iTouch is frozen on the connect to Itunes screen.So i decided restore it but iTunes says it cannot restore my ipod due to error 1601.Furthermore i did some deeper digging with the hardware trouble shooter and it says "Apple Mobile Device(Recovery Mode) does not have a driver" and "Hardware changes might not have been detected" Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Where can i get that driver?
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    You turned off the computer while it was update to 4.0. Why?

Do a DFU mode restore.

And I grantee it's not a virus.
  3. drugofchoice76

No i didnt turn it off.It just switched off on its own....thats why i thought it was some kind of virus...then it turned off and on about ten more times on its own...I tried doing the dfu mode restore but it didnt work...unless i'm doing something wrong.Can you explain to me how to do the dfu mode restore please?
  4. Tkf1

Device:
    iPad mini
    Did you power go out?

Run a virus scan just to be safe. But it wouldn't turn it self on.

Did you try the DFU mode and restoring?
  5. drugofchoice76

Lately it has happened that the power has been going out for a second at the most so it could've been that but i'm not sure.I've ran a full virus scan already and none have been detected.....
  6. Tkf1

Device:
    iPad mini
    Do a DFU mode restore on your iPod.
  7. drugofchoice76

I've tried 3 times and it doesnt work...it says it cannot restore do to error 1601
  8. neildiamond

neildiamond New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Frozen Ipod Touch

I have the same problem. Mine is stuck with the graphic of a USB cable pointing to Itunes. Itunes does not recognize that I even have an Ipod connected even though I had synced it a few minutes earlier and then Itunes asked to download a new version. I have a support call set up for Sat morning and I'll let yiou know how I make out.

Neil
  9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Help?

My 32g ipod touch wont stop freezing up. I have restored it completely 6 times, no joke.
    And it just freezes up again. Can anyone help me????????????