Help with friggin noob here!!! :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mrnacho, Feb 10, 2009.

1. mrnacho

mrnacho New Member

Hey ya guys,

I have a bit of a pickle and I don't really know how to solve it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I am uber noob with my ipod touch. I have been searching all over the net for the solution but so far, none. Hopefully you guys at ifans.com can help me with this...
    Ok I think I have jailbroken my ipod touch 1g 16GB. How do I know it is? I use QuickPwn and added Cydia and Installer and the Pineapple thingy(Remove boot logo, I think) to my Ipod touch. And I can see those applications on my Ipod Touch. My ipod version is 2.2.1, btw. Is it jailbroken? Do you need more information?
    Secondly, I do not have wi-fi. And I want to connect my ipod touch to the internet. I stay quite far away from civilisation(i.e. places with wi-fi). I have heard of connecting to the internet with your ipod touch using the usb cable. After researching, it seems only iTunnel and Total Commander can do so, according to some people in other forums. I have downloaded both of 'em and after following the tutorial on how to use Total Commander on Youtube.com, I still didn't get it.

I did everything but got stuck at one part, which the guy didn't elaborate. iTunnel seems easier, but I do not know what is CMD prompt or how to open itunnel with CMD prompt. Can someone please guide me on how to use iTunnel or alternatively, Total Commander? Thanks guys!!

2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you see Cydia, Installer and have a custom boot logo you have jailbroken... you can't have those things unless you are jailbroken...

Can't help you with the second part.
  3. mrnacho

mrnacho New Member

Ani1 here has any answer for e second one?
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm pretty sure you can't.. There are ways to tether a computer to an iphone data connection but not the other way around, to my knowledge.