help with earphones/mic combo i bought off ebay

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by londonstylz, Mar 19, 2009.

1. londonstylz

londonstylz New Member

I bought a pair of headphones with a built in mic off ebay and cant seem to get the mic to work. i downloaded the italk app byt it didnt pick up anything. so i downloaded the voice memo app and still nothing. is there any settings i have to change. the headphones say they are for the iphone but it said in the description that they work with the ipod touch. I have a 2g if that matters.
  2. linkhero

linkhero New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I wouldn't trust ebay with their promises, I recently ordered a game I love off ebay but the corner of the game box was bitten by a savage beast and there are bite marks
  3. austindoggie

austindoggie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Do NOT trust eBay for iPhone (remote & mic) headphones! I recieved 3 sets, only paid for 1, but that's because all of them malfunctioned. If they feel plasticy (like plastic) then they are fake iPhone headphones. Real ones feel rubbery.

The fake ones don't last long. I had them for less than a month and wires had already started to expose, one headphone went out, the mic stopped working, and then the button stopped working. That's when I'd had enough.

I decided I had enough of that and went to RadioShack to get some authentic, real Apple iPhone headphones. And come to find out (unless this is old news) but now it has a volume control button and the microphone actually has a cover now. It was 36 dollars for the headphones with remote & mic, and a 1 year warranty which said if one ear goes out, button stops working, etc. they will replace it for free.

IMO these are the best headphones I have ever owned.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit: Sorry for the long post. Make sure you plug your headphones in before you start the app. If that doesn't help, reboot your iPod. If that still doesn't help the only thing I'd recommend is using someone else's headphones w/ mic that you know works, try it on your iPod, and if it doesn't work then I'd guess there is something wrong with your iPod. If it does work, get new headphones.
  4. vsangel87

vsangel87 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    omg i've had the same exact thing happen to me! i recently bought some headphones with a mic on ebay. in the listing the said it was for the iphone but that it was also compatible with ipod touch 2g. well, i just received this effin thing today and as soon as i pressed the button it stopped workin! wtf?! that ebay seller better give me a refund! i'm so freakin mad...