Help with DFU for an iPod Touch MC Model, Gen 3. =S

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iiCandii, Aug 13, 2010.

1. iiCandii

iiCandii New Member

Okay, so I JB'd my iPod Touch Gen3 on Monday right? Well, I was using Cydia and all of a sudden SpringBoard crashed, so I was stuck in Safe Mode. After a day or two, I decided, thats it, its pissing me off. So I did a content and settings reset. Silly me didn't have it plugged into the computer at that time... I had backed it up and everything though.

Now, its stuck on the boot up screen. The apple logo is there, and the loading symbol moves, and then it freezes and turns off. After about 3 seconds its turns on again and proceeds through the same process again. Its been doing that since Thursday.

I must also add that there is half a glitchy looking line about a centimetre from the top of the screen. I have an MC model, so it's been tough trying to find a way do get it in DFU mode, if possible. It also won't register on iTunes. So I cannot restore it through the computer. Is my iPod screwed, or can it be fixed? My folks will kill me if they find out.

Please help me. I know I must be the millionth person to ask this, but I haven't been able to find answers anywhere. I have scoured the interent, Google and Youtube, no luck.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    It would be really nice if I could get some help with this. Preferably today, considering I have work tomorrow. -.-
  2. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Turn on your ipod till apple logo appears
    Then hold home and power buttons for 7 seconds and release the power button right before the apple logo appears but keep holding home button
    Ill post a link to a video in a second
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J1pRGBSt8Y
  3. iiCandii

iiCandii New Member

Thank you. Ill see how it goes.