Help with deleting unwanted app

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blahzay, Apr 13, 2008.

1. blahzay

blahzay New Member

I recently added an iappcat source for some GBA roms, but today I found out that that source is not safe. I had already installed a GBA rom pack called GBA pack 1 and when I try to delete it through installer the only option I have is reinstall. How do I delete this?
  2. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq New Member

You'll probably have to manually delete it via SHH'ing into your ipod if you can not uninstall it via the installer
  3. blahzay

blahzay New Member

I have already done that but it still shows up on installer.
  4. yoyorks

yoyorks Member

thats just installer, its not really there
  5. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq New Member

If you have deleted it properly but installer still says it is installed, then you can manually remove it from installer. You'll have to edit the LocalPackages.plist found in \private\var\mobile\mobile\Library\Installer\ I believe. I have not done this before myself nor have I heard of anyone doing it, but it should be a straight-forward Ctrl+F "GBA" and then delete the necessary lines that make it show up in installer.
  6. blahzay

blahzay New Member

I might try this.
  7. therealduckie

therealduckie Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just because an installer says it is not a trusted source doesnt mean it is malicious content. it just means it is not a well known source.

If it were installing system files, I would be worried, yes...but this is only installing ROM files, which means they are harmless.

You will find the files you installed in the following folder:

~/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GBA

Again, these do NOT alter your System files. There are stand-alone files which only run with the Emulator so there is nothing to worry about.