Help with CuteFTP...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SmallFox, Oct 13, 2007.

1. SmallFox

SmallFox New Member

Hi there.

I'm currently trying to get some NES ROM's onto my iPod Touch which i successfully jailbroke earlier. I am assuming i will need to access the /var/root/Media/ROMs/NES folder using CuteFTP and then just drop em into the correct folder (do i need to create the ROMs and the NES folders by the way?)

Anyway, i booted up CuteFTP but when i try to connect i get the following error...

The connection failed due to an error or timeout.
    1) Please verify that the destination host name or IP address is correct.
    2) Increase the connection timeout threshold under Global Settings | Connection.
    3) Switch to the opposite data connection type (PASV or PORT) under Site Settings | Type tab.

I am using the correct IP addy and the user/password is root/alpine but still no luck. I have the WiFi enabled on my iPod Touch and it is connected to the PC... I remember having a little difficulty connecting the first time i tried this software (during jailbreaking) and am not sure how i got round it.

Any help would be welcome

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks in advance
  2. itouch101

itouch101 New Member

Just use winscp

Please Register or Log in to view images

it works fine
  3. SmallFox

SmallFox New Member

Hmm.. Tried that too just now, still getting error (timed out) any other ideas please?
  4. shadow_moses

shadow_moses New Member

i have the same problem. tryed everything. can only connect with SCP setting. but cant do anything but view
  5. rrm74001

rrm74001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Most likely your problem is that you are using the FTP protocol instead of the SFTP protocol. Make sure you are using SFTP and your iPod Touch has the Wi-Fi enabled.

If that does not work, do what it suggests:

It takes me 1 minute to connect to my iPod Touch. Maybe CuteFTP quits after 30 seconds of trying to connect. Try to increase the timeout threshold to a longer time.
  6. phroztbyt3

phroztbyt3 New Member

cuteftp doesnt support ssh. go download the program "Tunnelier" its a german free ssh program.. works quite well, remember to set your permissions of files to 704 (as stated in the ipot instructions) to set it .. you right click on the folder or file you changed and go to properties-->permissions
  7. rrm74001

rrm74001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    CuteFTP works.
  8. keith91

keith91 New Member

i have the same problem too