HELP With Controllers

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by xM45x, Feb 4, 2008.

1. xM45x

xM45x New Member

Ok i feel kinda stupid by asking this but here i go.

When i SSH into my ipod to transfer my skins i have made whenever i go into snes4iphone.app and change the skin, it will not change. It will only stick with the default ones. Im on version 0.5.5. Probably been asked before but o well.
  2. FrankDaTank089

FrankDaTank089 New Member

when you ssh it in there should be a code at the end of the controller file like for example controller_fs2.png or controller_fs0.png for example.

well when you actually run thesnes4iphone app and then go to settings you should see a controller settings with options to select 0-5. well if your controller file was controller_fs0.png your gonna wana set that at 0 and if it was controller_fs2.png your gonna want to select 2 (you get the point). you get the point. also, all controller files need to be accompanied with a .txt file named the same thing, because they contain the code for where the buttons are being pushed. Without that, it won't work. When you get a controller skin, it should come with it. and remember, permissions to 755!
  3. xM45x

xM45x New Member

ok i had it named controller_fs5.png didnt work. Then i changed the permissions to 755. Still did not work. Im using the default txt file by the way. IDK whats happening because it works with everything BUT this
  4. FrankDaTank089

are you using the controller_fs5.txt file?
  5. xM45x

xM45x New Member

yea and it is just screwing up for some reason. Like i made a controller for transparency setting and that works fine its just the half screen controller thats not working. If you want i can upload the file and all, its based of the wii controller v3, and its xbox 360 style
  6. FrankDaTank089

I am not 100% sure, but I think that when you make a controller, you have to make the code in the text file specific to that controller, aka, if you were using the text file from another controller it might mess up, and if you photoshoped your own controller then you need to make your own .txt file. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure thats why they have diffretn .txt files for each controller, and not just one main .txt file.
  7. xM45x

xM45x New Member

yea i get what your saying but for the gba and psx controllers i made they work fine with the default controller .txt file.

i uploaded the controller i based it off of and the one i made, if it works with anyone else plz tell me

edit: did not upload teh files, its not working

one i made:

Please Register or Log in to view images

based off of:

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. xM45x

xM45x New Member

ok i know this is a double post and all but

i made a transparent controller for landscape mode and it works fine? but when i try to get it to work for normal view it doesnt work. WHAT IS UP WITH THIS!!!
  9. FrankDaTank089

dude, i like the controllers, but if what i said didn't help, then there isn't anything else i can do for you. i assume you are a beta tester since you have the app, so go back to zodttd's forums and post your question in the beta section of the snes4iphone app section. you will probably get a lot more help here.
  10. xM45x

xM45x New Member

kk, thanks for trying man, it makes me feel good that there are some nice people on these forums, if you like the controllers than i made 4(2 for psx, and 2 for gbs). Both xbox design check these forums to find them(cant help not advertising for myself)