Help with Categories!

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by 2gcasereviews, Jun 7, 2009.

1. 2gcasereviews

2gcasereviews New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, i need some help with categories...

So i've been using categories for a while, working fine, putting all of my 350 apps or so in folders...running ok, but one day it just went all weird on me...

So, whenever i want to put an app into my Apps folder, it gets removed from my springboard, but when i go into the folder where i put it, it never shows up...it comes up in QuickGold, Categories says it's in there, but it never shows up...

If you guys have any ideas, its always helpful!
    (though i do need categories, i don't think even the 6 column springboard could fit all of my apps! i checked, i had about 380 or so...i dont think 9 pages of 6 columns would fit that!)

2gcasereviews
  2. limisopop

limisopop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow... 350 apps? Try deleting some >.< Are you sure you didn't see it in your apps folder?
  3. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Or you can just make another apps folder (like Apps 2) wow holy crap! 380 apps! Definitely listen to limisopop, delete some of them. well 35+(30 x 8) that's 275 so yeah you're stuck using Categories or Launcher (Do people even use that anymore?).

How does your iPod even work anymore? I had like 100 with 3 Categories and around 30 in each and Categories would crash every time I tried to open it.
  4. 2gcasereviews

2gcasereviews New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, i have 182 in a folder called Free Apps...91 in Apps....and adding all the other 150 or so in Appss (i didn't know you could put numbers for folders...so doubles..lol)
    I might as well delete some, i barley use them, but its all those apps like hangman for dinners when me and my family want to play games...all the apps are mostly in if you need it one-day things...
  5. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah I have my share of those, like 10, where you play it like one time beat it and then just keep it there in case your friends wanna play. A more recent example of that would be Shift, very fun game, dl'd it yesterday, played it for about 10 mins half an hour ago, beat it and I'm probly never gonna play it again.
  6. 2gcasereviews

2gcasereviews New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Exactly! i beat it, then it sits there...plus i spent TONS of itune smoney...its like ok i spent $10 on Hero of Sparta...that was a great one day time for $10! now what...its like i want to make it seem like i'm getting my moneys worth...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I have a picture, but how to i upload it to the site...its on my computer, not on the internet!
  7. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You could upload it to an image sharing website, such as photobucket.com or you could go to your profile and upload it to your image cache there.

HOW TO GET YOUR MONEY'S WORTH: only use free apps

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. 2gcasereviews

2gcasereviews New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright, i'll put in my image cache...thingy (lol i dont know what a cache is so...

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

Haha, yeah, thats why theres almost 200 apps in my free apps folder!g
  9. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah I actually don't know either lol, but I've seen it done. So wait why are you taking pics?
  10. 2gcasereviews

2gcasereviews New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a screenshot of my categories screen, with the three folders...just for proof i guess...