Help with case combination?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Sweetheart5839, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Sweetheart5839

Sweetheart5839 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry if anything similar has been posted on the forum, I tried searching and didn't find anything useful to me.

Anyway, I'm upgrading my 2g iPod Touch to a 3g and I'm treating myself to a nice case to go with it. Except what I have always wanted to do is use a combination of a skin and some sort of clear case. I don't know if that's possible, seeing as I once owned an IS and that didn't fit in any case but I'm wondering if a regular skin would be thinner or if anyone has seen a clear case that is roomy enough to fit or has done this before.

I found these iaPeel skins (has anyone used this?) that you can design and print yourself from home, which sounds pretty awesome, but it doesn't protect the top or bottom. They have a gallery and i saw one picture similar to what I want to do only using an iPod nano.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43042747@N05/3969496766/

I would prefer a nice hard plastic clear case but if anyone knew of a completely clear silicone case (Im not even sure they make those) that would be good too.

And just in case, any other cool case ideas? I know the main popular ones (switcheasy, speck) but I don't know, I guess I'm just looking for something different since I feel like I've had the same iPod case forever.

Any help is surely appreciated! Thanks!
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Hmm.. check this out. They have a clear one, but I'm not sure how clear it is, but they have a video at the bottom, and it seems pretty clear.
  3. Sweetheart5839

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmm, that one's pretty cool. Except for the fact that it has a design in the plastic it would be perfect. Maybe I can find one of those resin ones that doesn't have a design and that would work perfectly.

Has anyone ever tried one of these resin plastic type cases? They look pretty good, I guess.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yea, I agree lol. That's the only reason why I haven't gotten one, that damn design on it

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I Just got my iPod touch 3g today and I ordered a skin from www.uniqueskins.com (very cheap) and the Contour Showcase (the name should tell you it shows off your ipod). I recommend them both. My skin and case should be here tomorrow.
  6. Sweetheart5839

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's a nice case too. But will it fit with the skin?

That's the only thing I'm worried about before buying something and then finding out it doesn't work.
  7. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yep. A guy on a youtube video did it so I've seen proof. And mine still hasen't come, I'm hoping it'll be here tomorrow. Maybe I'll post pictures.