Help with Books symlink

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by marko, Apr 8, 2008.

1. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ok ive searched and there are a number of threads about this poblem, but the suggested solution doesnt seem to work for me.

the problem.; im on 1.1.2 and my EBooks folder is in /private/var/ROOT/media/Ebooks

this is the folder my Books.app reads files from, but new books that i download from installer go in to /private/var/MOBILE/media/EBooks and therefore the app doesnt see them.

the suggested solution was to run

ln -s /var/root/Media/EBooks/ /var/mobile/Media/EBooks/

but if i do this i get an error "1" the file exists. i thought this meant i couldnt do it if i already had the Mobile/Media/Ebooks folder so i delete that and then run the command again and i get an error "1" file DOES NOT exist. so it seems i cant run it either with or without the folder.

can anyone help please?
  2. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    just get mobilefinder and move manually
  3. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ive just installed finder, but not sure how it works. it loads up in /private/var/root where i can see Documents, Library, Media, Sites but i dont see how to get to /var/mobile

pressing the Up button takes me to /applications and pressing the little apple sign takes me to /Library/MobileFinder

so i dont seem to have full access. i mean i can see the /private/var/root/media/ebooks folder but if i hit move i dont know how to get to /private/var/Mobile/Media.