Help With Blackra1n Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Rich, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Rich

Rich New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi, I'm A new member to these forums, but definitely not new to hacking

I have A jail broken iPod Touch, well now it's gone all weird, it's a 3rd gen, running firmware 3.1.2 and I have iTunes 9 on A vista 64 bit PC.

Recently, after changing some permissions of some apps on my iPod because they required different permissions I've started having all sorts

of problems. There are 3 probs:
    1. Cydia
    2. RockApp
    3. On a recent (failed) attempt to help, I Re-Jail Broke my iPod and it is failing.

1. Before my attempt to fix my iPod, when I opened Cydia it would work fine except when I try to install any app/game it downloads

completely, but then Gives me this error:

Error
    Sub-Process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

and in the black terminal like background it said:

dpkg: requested operation requires super user privileges.

2. Rock simply opens, looks like it going to load, then crashes with no error code, no loading bar, NOTHING.

3. As I said on my recent attempt to fix it, I tried to re-jailbreak it with blackra1n (same tool and version as I used before) now whenever I try,

Geoshot's image comes up, takes like 5 mins, then just goes back to the thing with the usb cable and arrow pointing towards the iTunes logo

and until I close blackra1n it continuously repeats that process.

I would of added screenshots but, I can't do anything except get up Geoshot's Image Or The iTunes Logo /and A USB cable.
    If you need any more information just ask and I'll tell you!

Thank You In Advanced,
    Rich

Edit:

By The Way I don't have icy installed, The Reason I Say This Is because On Many Threads They Say The Cydia Problem Is Caused By Icy.

Also, I really don't wan't to have to restore my iPod, even if I have to, what do I lose? Everything? Or Just Jail broken Apps?
  2. Rich

Rich New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hellllloooooo???????

PLZ help Me!
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    You'll just lose everything when you restore. Music, apps, jailbroken apps.
    If you plan on jailbreaking after that. Just install Cydia or Rock. Just one.
  4. Crinkypops

Crinkypops New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you want it to be clean without any bugs, you have to restore and just install Cydia. I find Rock good but it crashes on my iPod and messes my Cydia up so I don't really want to use it. That being said, people think that Rock is faster than Cydia.

Sadly, you'll lose everything on a restore.
  5. Rich

Rich New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for all the help.

In iTunes I have alot of synced jailbroken apps, what will happen to them,
    would it be possible if I restore, install modified mobile installation file (without syncing my iPod with iTunes) then, once the modified installation file installed, sync my iPod and have the jailbroken apps synced along with all appstore apps aswell?

P.S. Does anyone now how I could fix this without a restore?
    Also, if this helps, most of the time, I could SSH my iPod, but then, about the same time I started having problems, SSH stopped working. I checked that all the settings on my PC matched, but I always got:
    Connection to the server timed out
    or something like that. I also tried to turn on SSH in SBSettings, but the toggle refused to work.
  6. Crinkypops

Crinkypops New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Umm. Please be aware that discussion of cracked apps is prohibited.

As for the fix, try holding down the Home and Wake buttons for a full reboot. Then use blackra1n again. Open Cydia again if it got the fix. If not, try uninstalling Cydia and Rock. Then using MobileTerminal or SSH, install Cydia again.

Hope that helps!
  7. Rich

Rich New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Failed

I never mentioned about cracked apps, I said about a mobile installation file that had been modified. If you know what I do this for, then that is your knowlage alone.

Anyway, that over I've just tried a full reboot and started blackra1n jailbreak and it looks like it's stuck on geoshots image.

Edit: Now it just restarted and just redid the process.

Yep, no sucsess, I can't live without my iPod much longer.
    Shame, well I'll only lose 34 16 (20 18 apps are apple's default apps) apps, the other 110 are in my iTunes. Good thing I sync my iPod often.

If no answer is found by 09:00 pm GMT then II'm gonna restore and sync. PLZ, post an answer by 9!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    It's now 9.
    I'm gonna restore and sync. Thanks for all the help. I hope this works.