iOS 3.1 Help with Blackra1n (iphone 3g)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by knifeproz, Oct 12, 2009.

1. knifeproz

knifeproz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys my friend has an iphone 3g and i just tried jailbreaking it using blackra1n 3.1.2 firmware (its on his iphone alredy) so first it said entering recovery, running and it said it was complete, but the iphone didnt get jailbroken it just came back to the regular spot (normal firmware no jailbreak) at his house but i just had to restore it 20 million times ;\ whats wrong? thanks
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well it would look on the second page it will have an app it's called Blackra1n then you add Cydia, Icy, and/or Rock. So it will look normal just look on the second page.
  3. knifeproz

knifeproz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no you do not get it, it didnt jailbreak at all! theres no blackra1n icon on the second page, i looked, and i know how to jailbreak because i did my ipt2g but his ip3g wont jailbreak for some reason
  4. touch_sensitive

touch_sensitive Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if it is a 8gb 3g. it can't be JB'd or even tether JB'd just yet. Wait for an update or greenpois0n
  5. knifeproz

knifeproz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    its 16gb - i tried all steps that some people say to do for it to work..nothing
  6. wastedd

wastedd Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    same thing happened to me with my 3gs iphone, i tried to jailbreak it on winxp an everything went as it should only after the reboot it wasnt jailbroke, no blackra1n icon. i tried it a few more times an still nothing.
    I then decided to try it on my win7 system and same result.
    I then did a full restore and tried it again on win7 and hey presto it worked.
    i think the first time it fails it doesnt actually fail it just doesnt put the blackra1n icon on it. tho i could be wrong so dont quote me but might be worth a try for you.
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Ok, I have a solution that actually does work.

1. Run Blackra1n in Admin mode all other stuff closed.
    2. As so as the ipod shuts off when entering recovery mode press and hold the Home and Power.
    3 When the Apple logo appears let go of the Power and hold until you see GeoHot. It won't take long but be patient.

The just let it reboot and your good.
  8. knifeproz

knifeproz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so what you're saying is that even if my friends iphone is stuck at the "entering recovery mode" or "running..." mode i can just press both buttons till apple shows up, then let go of power (as if going into dfu mode) and wait till geohotz appears??