Help with basicly everything!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Jammy, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Jammy

Jammy New Member

Hello.

sorry if this has been posted before,done a search couldnt find nout.

I finaly jailbroke and i got Cydia installed, plus openSSH *which dosent work at all! I installed the other stuff like the boss toold and stuff, no icons have appered.

I have also followed the tutorial for the WinSCP and it keeps giving me a network error, ive tried using cuteFTP, SmartFTP and the mozilla one. still nothing

Please Register or Log in to view images

. I have disabled my firewall but im still not connecting. I have uninstalled and reinstalled openSSH and also i have reset ipod still nout.

I really need some help......

Thanks

Jammy.
  2. jack.misner@virgin.net

jack.misner@virgin.net New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok. have you tried to see if it is your computer whihc isnt connecting to your ipod or your ipod which isnt connecting to your computer.
    to find out, do any of your friends have jailbroken 2.0 ipods? if they do see if you can ssh into theres. if you can then it is your ipod whihc is the problem.
    If it still doesnt work. grab another computer and try and ssh in from there. if that works then it is your first computer which is the problem.

If the computer is the problem make sure you have ssh setup correctly. have a look at the settings box in winscp or whatever you are using to see if it is fine.

If the ipod is the problem, download bossprefs and make sure ssh is turned on. if that still doesnt work then uninstall openssh. restart your ipod and then install openssh. that seems to work when programs dont install properly.

if you are still having trouble pm me again and ill see what else can be done.
  3. Jammy

Jammy New Member

Ok thanks mate! will have a go

... yeah i do. He managed to get his to work, but he lives to far away from me ... but im downloading filezilla andill have another go

... after i tried that i will attach it to another pc. wouldnt surprise me if its my computer its really crap laptop. lol

i have tried cuteFTP but that didnt work

------------------double post merged------------------
    i installed the boss tools... and now the internet starts to connect then dissconect again, what should i do??

im seriously fuc*ed if its c*cked it up... i cant take it back to the solution store with the same probelm

OK well i have tried it on other computers, with filezilla and i still have nothing. Bosstools says its on, but i cannot connect to the pod. I have given it a static ip if that makes any diffrence?

thanks once again.
  4. jack.misner@virgin.net

jack.misner@virgin.net New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hmm interestingly i had the same problem today, i managed to fix it by checking my ipod's ip address. for some reason even though i set it to static, my ipod had changed ip's (from x.x.x.3 to x.x.x.5) which was confusing. i tried then connecting to it with the new ip and it worked like usual. i hope you get this message before you restore your ipod.
  5. Jammy

Jammy New Member

Ok thanks mate. Yeah exactly the same, i think it could have been Bosstool thingi, i will try again without that. Then the internet was messing up, it kept reconecting and stuff like that.

I just re-stored my ipod but it dosent matter i can just restore it again.

ok just re-jailbroke it... (i didnt sync anything to it since i first jailbroke!)

and i am still having the same trouble :/ its really fustrating!