Help With Backing up SHSH on Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lakerfanalways, May 14, 2010.

1. lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I just got the 16gb WiFi Ipad today. I turned it on and wanted to backup the AutoSHSH file before I jailbroke. I have windows 7. I put the Ipad into Recovery Mode and pressed AutoSHSH but all it did was keep on saying "searching for recovery" and it did not locate anything..so I just turned off the Ipad and decided to just go ahead and jailbreak it...even though its jailbroken already, can I go ahead and try backing up the AutoSHSH even though its already jailbroken? It wont ruin it and then I will have to jailbreak again right? Very strange how on the Ipod Touch it was very easy to do it but with the Ipad its more difficult. What could be the cause of the AutoSHSH not working right..
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Anyone?? Just need to be sure Im not doing anything wrong. I always worry about some firmware update that could ruin the jailbreak
  2. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    maybe try using umbrella. http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

I've used it jsut fine and in cydia I get the message
    This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: 3.2

Oddly though my iPhone tells me this:
    The TSS SHSH notice is temporarily disabled: insane traffic to TSS server due to Spirit release has made looking up what blobs are on file painfully slow: so slow this page doesn't even load, and users get a giant error

Please Register or Log in to view images

I dont know why I get it on one and not the other so if anyone has a clue let me know, but umbrella I used in win7 64bit just fine, backed up to servers and local copy both.
  3. d00m42

d00m42 Member

My 32GB iPhone 3GS also gives me that disabled notice, although before it said that, it said that SHSHs were on file for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3
  4. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That is because saurik temporally disabled it, to save some bandwidth because the number of people using it after spirit was rteleased was enormous and he said it really wasn't an indispensable feature to save shsh certificates

bottom line: if you save your shsh certificates on cydia you are all set
  5. lakerfanalways

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Ok I was able to backup the AutoSHSH file after I jailbroke. The reason why it did not work on my laptop was because I do not have Java on it so I was able to do it from my desktop. On Cydia I did not download anything, what programs from Cydia are required..something I really need? On my Ipod Touch, I have winterboard, catagories, Infinidock, etc, but on my Ipad I dont want to add too much junk that will slow it down..is SBsettings something worth getting?
  6. d00m42

d00m42 Member

SBSettings is useful for toggling WiFi, bluetooth, 3G, and autolock on my phone, as well as seeing the IP address and changing the brightness. Because iPads are much faster (and therefore the Settings app loads faster), you might not even need it. I don't think it slows down the device that much, so I would get it if it's compatible with the iPad.
  7. lakerfanalways

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Yeah I just thought it might be cool to have it because my Ipad really doesnt show me how the battery life is..on the side on the top it just says "Not charging" but when I put in my USB cable it still doesnt say that..so do I have to use the wall charger to charge it too? I just thought SB settings might be good because it tells you how much battery you have left and thought it might be useful..I think I need a battery app
  8. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I think SB settings is great because it saves atleast 5 presses of my home button each day. Mine wore out on my touch 1G, so I am kinda apprehensive about using the home button.

edit:1000th post!
  9. lakerfanalways

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Yeah I am going to download SBSettings since you all say its good and doesn't cause any issues. What other apps on Cydia do you recommend? I was going to get Winterboard but since there aren't any themes for it there is no point in getting it right now. Wanted to get some nice wallpaper for it..any sites that have nice wallpaper for the Ipad? The SHSH file that was backed up was 67.2kb..was the same for the Ipod Touch..so I guess thats Ok right?
  10. LH08WDC

LH08WDC New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Get full force. It makes iPhone apps go into an iPad like mode. Works great on most apps. No more pixelation.