Help with apps

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by cjguigni, Oct 20, 2008.

1. cjguigni

cjguigni New Member

Hello lovely people, I jailbroke my ipod touch and it had both installer and cydia on the menu and after syncin my ipod on itunes they went away, someone please tell me what i did wrong. If this has been asked before then please just redirect me to a thread with that information that would be great thanks. Also, for the short time i had cydia and installer, i didnt really understand them...can someone please point me in the direction where i can find some information on how to use them? i mean i just want to download stuff and use them, i remember i got to download one game from installer and when i tried to play it it asked for a pass code, im just confused someone please help D:
  2. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    They just went away!! hmm...you sure you didn't accidentally restore?

Well anyways, Cydia and Installer are hubs the host applications and such, although now iTunes has an official app store, most apps (especially games) that were ported (from earlier firmwares) are now available ONLY in the app store.

The best way to get all the stuff available on Cydia is to add the sources. Here you'll find the source list for it...oh, and DON'T BOTHER WITH INSTALLER, it SUCKS BAD!! just avoid using it, it'll only frustrate you.

But I guess you first gotta get your Cydia back..try restarting your iPod, not sure what could've happened. You got me there......

and the passcode thing, it was probably the pool game that requires a code. Just un-install it, you're better off downloading emulators and adding roms...good luck
  3. cjguigni

cjguigni New Member

thanks a lot dude really, most forums dont give you such a quick and detailed reply

Please Register or Log in to view images

and yeah ijust dont get they just vanished i think im just too much of a noob at syncin stuff into my ipod and did something wrong.

Again dude thanks im gonna try to put cydia back in the ipod and yes ur totally right the game i tried was the pool one

Please Register or Log in to view images