Help with Apps, pls

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by nursemissy, Dec 31, 2009.

1. nursemissy

nursemissy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am having trouble with an app I bought on Itunes. It is for my daughters iPod touch. I bought it, it downloaded and shows in my Itunes library under 'applications' without a problem. However, when I try to 'drop and drag' to her iPod, it will now allow me to do so. It gives me the black circle with a line thru it. Very frustrated as the apple support team is not available til Jan 5! Thanks,
  2. rrroach

rrroach Well-Known Member

It is not possible to drag and drop applications to the iPod. You've got to sync your iPod to your iTunes library with a USB cord.

Another way of getting the app on your daughter's iPod would be by redownloading it via WiFi. Simply log in with the same account that you used to purchase the app, find it on the AppStore application on your iPod, and download it by tapping on the green button (I think it's green...) that states the price of the app. It will ask you if you'd like to purchase it again- never fear! You will NOT be charged again as long as you've logged in with the same account that you used to buy it in the first place.

If neither of the above methods work, then make sure that you've updated your iPod or iPhone to the latest firmware, which is 3.1.2. If all else fails, you can restore your iPod back to factory settings
  3. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    you have to sync it to her ipod, click on her ipod then in the new window that opens
    click the apps tab, then hit sync apps, and then hit sync in the bottom right
    [edit] dangit ninja'd