Help with Apache Web Server!

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by ElectricBuffalo, Jul 9, 2008.

1. ElectricBuffalo

ElectricBuffalo New Member

Hey guys,

I currently have my website hosted through my friend, who has a reseller account through a hosting company. However, I've found it nearly impossible to contact this company regarding issues with my webserver, so I'm recruiting you guys to help if you can. Apparently my host installed some version of Apache Web Server, and it replaced my index page on the webspace. Now I've uploaded all of my past files again and it seems as though the web server is unaffected by me updating the files. So apparently, the default directory is not public_html because nothing i put in there shows up.

This is the URL:
    *** MODS, PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THE URL. I AM NOT TRYING TO ADVERTISE, I SIMPLY NEED HELP WITH AN ISSUE. I WILL REMOVE THE URL WHEN THE ISSUE IS FIXED. THANK YOU. ***
    http://www.teyema.net

Does anybody know if there is a way to fix this from cPanel or another way to fix it? Thank you.
  2. wibble

wibble New Member

Find out which directory that html file is located in. kill it and replace your index with it perhaps?
  3. ElectricBuffalo

ElectricBuffalo New Member

that's what i was looking for... i can't even find any index files whatsoever... i deleted all of my files off of the server to be absolutely sure... unless it's in some obscure or hidden directory...