Help with adding backed up apps to iPod ! ! !

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by apple123, Feb 8, 2008.

1. apple123

apple123 New Member

I recently attempted the 1.1.3 jailbreak, and after I was done doing the TouchFree 1.1.2 jailbreak in order to do this, I decided to load all my backed up apps onto it. I used CuteFTP, and set all the permissions for the files to 755. I then went back to my iPod, and realized none of the apps worked! I was frustrated, so I restored my iPod. I then tried to connect to my iPod using CuteFTP Pro, and that didn't work at all! I then decided to switch to using TotalCommander, and I am currently putting my apps back using that. When I did that, I then suffered the same problem with the apps not loading. I'm also in 1.1.1 now. If anyone knows simple instructions on how to add backed-up apps onto an iPod, please, please please help me!!!!!
  2. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

Once you put the apps on, set the permissions to 755.
  3. apple123

apple123 New Member

I would, except the only problem is that CuteFTP isn't working anymore, and TotalCommander doesn't allow me to set Permissions.

P.S. I encounter the same problem while using WinSCP
  4. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

After you have ssh'd your apps from the backup computer onto the Ipod base dir (ie you log into /var..... keep clicking up once you log in until you get absolute base and then go into /Applications (if you are in /var/root/Applications or whatever this is no good). Upload the apps, recursive 0755. Finally you must reboot the Ipod for it to recognise them! That is hold the top button until it says Slide to power off then slide. Wait and then hold the top button and wait for the apple icon. Once you go back into springboard your apps should be there.
  5. apple123

apple123 New Member

Sorry, but what is recursive? Again, CuteFTP hasn't been working so I'm using TotalCommander