Help with 1st Gen iPod Touch 16GB

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by antonili, Dec 20, 2008.

1. antonili

antonili New Member

Hi, i own a 1st gen ipod touch 16gb n it had been jailbroken with no probs. After using for close to 1 year, during my last sync a few days ago, there seemed to be a problem with the transferring of songs / videos via iTunes. The device would seem to time out during syncing. Now, i have about 14GB of songs/videos that is listed as "Other" on iTunes sync. When i look at my ipod Touch, it says no videos/songs. Can anyone help? I hope that I would not need to jailbreak it again n can just delete that 14GB of "Other" and transfer in my usual songs/videos.

Thanks
  2. tat.zizzy

tat.zizzy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    this happened with me too with my second generation ipod touch 8 gig!
    i accidentally pulled the plug when my ipod was syncing....
    just restore the ipod and rejailbreak it....it worked for me of not then go into settings>general>reset>erase all content and settings..

it should erase all the songs movies and "other" where most of r music is
  3. antonili

antonili New Member

Hi thanks for the advice, but would "settings>general>reset>erase all content and settings" cause all my apps / games to be deleted as well? or would onli the "other" (originally comprising songs/videos/pics) be deleted?
  4. tat.zizzy

tat.zizzy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i personally have never tried it but i think all the apps will be deleted as well...it may also cause cydia to be deleted(not sure)....as u r on a jailbroken ipod touch i suggest u restore and rejailbreak as i had done(i did not rejailbreak as i am on an ipod touch 2g)..as erasing all settings may also erase some jailbreak data...not sure but to be on the safer side try restoring.
  5. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    So that's what I did wrong...
  6. antonili

antonili New Member

actualli i did not plug out my ipod, but it still happened. i think it might have something to do with the old firmware that i'm using... it's a 1.1.2~~ think i gonna restore n update firmware to 2.2 n re-jailbreak... any complications with jailbreaking 2.2?
  7. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah ive gotten that thing with the "everything is other" i just resynced it and stuff, fixed it, reboot, sync just try stuff like that, should go away. but idk y it happens, but all ur stuff is still in music and videos and pictures, so it doesn't really matter
  8. antonili

antonili New Member

hi, i've restored my ipod touch to 1.1.2 n then updated to 2.0 n then 2.2. I then jailbroke it again. it turns out there's still 200MB+ of "other" stuff in there. n 14.4GB of free space. but when i tried syncing my songs n movies n pics, i onli managed to sync 2GB+ of stuff in. i've got 11.77GB of free space now... syncing seemed normal until suddenly, it went - "The iPod "XYZ's iPod" cannot be synced. The disk could not be read from or written to.

Any1 noes wad happened?