help with 16gig apple ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kammochick, Jun 26, 2009.

1. kammochick

kammochick New Member

my daughter has a 16gig apple ipod touch, im not sure if its 1st or 2nd gen, shes had it a year. Originaly we plugged it into the family computer , since then it has been moved around to my laptop and then back to her computer. since doing this ive found out you should keep your ipod soley on one computer . so its staying on hers now. the problem is when she plugs it in to her computer it doesnt seem to be recognised by the computer and she cant add photos or songs and an error comes up on the computer screen when shes on the internet trying to connect to itunes.
    if it helps shes using windows xp
    optus wireless internet
    and the ipod is using version 2.2.1 and she has the uptodate itunes installed.
  2. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    If the computer she is trying to plug it in has her content on it do a DFU restore.

Hold down the home and power button for 10 seconds.
    Let go of the power button while holding the home button.
    In about 20-30 seconds iTunes will recognize it and you can restore.
  3. kammochick

kammochick New Member

weve done that it still doesnt work. When the ipod is connected to the computer usually the name you gave your ipod will show up but hers doesnt.
  4. JIMFROGGE

JIMFROGGE New Member

I had a similar problem when I bought my Ipod touch used. I simply reset to factory/default (within the Ipod settings) and it worked fine and dandy. Good Luck!