Help with 100 price drop!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by weirdwilli, Apr 16, 2008.

1. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Right well ive heard about the 100 pound price drop on the iPhone, and what im wondering is, can i buy the iPhone, then 'buy' the contract later on iTunes or do they make you buy the contract instore. I ask because in i think it was Germany the iPhone also has a price drop but the catch is that you have to buy thee contract at the same time, instore because i want to buy the phone but not buy the contract and just bypass the unlocking bit

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks for any help in advance!
  2. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Bump, please can someone just reply one of my posts for once

3. ur_so_beautiful

ur_so_beautiful New Member

when you buy the iPhone you have to also buy a contract with AT&T/O2/T-Mobile/Orange/wherever-you-live but only when you put the iPhone with the sim card in where you'll have to 'activate' your iPhone and the sim card. take the sim card out, activate the iPhone only via iTunes and wolla! jailbreak and install anysim and use any ol' sim card you want, contract or payg
    1 person likes this.
  4. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Lol thanks for the reply but thats not entirely what i was asking as i know how the iPhone contract and everything works

But the thing im asking is, even with the price drop can you do that because ive heard in other countries (im from the UK) that to get the price drop you have to sign for the contract when youre at the shop.
    Thanks again!
  5. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i know! i really want the IPhone as well! why , oh why cant they put it on pay as u go

6. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
  7. slovig

slovig New Member

I havn't heard anything about a $100 dollar price drop. Any links? And for your question, I think it will still be the same, where you have to "activate" it and "buy the contract" when you sync it with iTunes for the first time.
  8. tootricky

tootricky New Member

It's the Carphone Warehouse in the UK that are offering the £100 price drop NOT Apple. Its unlikely you will get the £100 discount without signing up for the 02 contract.

Why not ask them?
  9. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I actually bought my iPhone from an AT&T. The person working there was new and I went in, asked for 2 iPhones (one for cousin), and she just gave them to me, that easy. I went home and jailbroke and unlocked to T-Mobile ez =).
  10. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    http://shop.o2.co.uk/promo/iphonetariffs thats the link, and i might phone them up, but they wont take me seriously with out my mum being there because im only 14 (since april 3d) And i look like 12

So they'll probably make up a load of crap ' its like an ipod and it can store over 2000 songs ' Cut the crap b*tch i know it has 8gigs of internal memory