[HELP!] Winterboard weirdness

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by davers, Jun 30, 2009.

1. davers

davers New Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Hi all,

Jailbroke to 3.0 a while back, everything worked fine besides the customisation bits that don't work for anyone (keyboard, wallpaper etc.).

But as of this morning, I noticed that when I unlocked my iPod, it made the default Apple click sound instead of my custom Metal Gear Solid codec noise. Weird.

Then when the iPod showed me the homescreen, I noticed that there were labels on my dock icons, and that annoying grey background had reappeared on the dock. My weather widget had gone. I figured something had gone wrong with Winterboard, so I loaded it up, and got a bunch of blank lines. I can still scroll through the blank lines, but they're not clickable.

So, it seems like Winterboard has crapped itself. I was just wondering, before I start messing around with reinstalling it etc., if anybody else has had this problem, and/or if there was an easy fix for this.

I haven't really installed anything new recently, so I don't really see what has triggered it. The last thing I remember doing was updating a few things from the App store - Skype and Pocket Partridge, if memory serves me right. But I'm not sure if Winterboard had messed itself up before then.

I did install Icy a couple of days ago, perhaps that has something to do with it.

I've attached an image of what I see when I open Winterboard... can anyone help?

EDIT: OK, please ignore this thread (mods, delete?). Winterboard and WBapp weren't showing up as installed in Cydia... reinstalled them both, along with the customisations I'd downloaded, and everything's working again. Weird how it reverted like that, though... and strange how Cydia was showing them as not installed when I still had the shortcuts and could open them both (even if Winterboard was a bunch of blank lines). All back to normal now...

Attached Files: