Help! Where do I buy charger port?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Playerbones, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Playerbones

Playerbones New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My son broke his ipod touch 3g 32gig charger port. I can see it is clearly broken. I cant find the part online anywhere. Does anyone know where to find that part?
  2. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I haven't heard of anyone replacing the dock connector before...have you take it to Apple to see what they say?
  3. Playerbones

Playerbones New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I bought it from a liquidator so no warranty. I'm pretty good at fixing electronics doesn't look to hard to fix. I found the part for 2g but not for 3g.
  4. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm pretty sure the dock connector on the 2nd and 3rd gen's will be the same, only processor, RAM etc was upgraded. The 2nd gen dock should be fine, although i cannto guarantee it.

EDIT: Also, you can check on the Apple website and put in your serial number, which with give you the warrenty status. All 3rd gens will still have the manufacturer (Apple) warrenty untill at least September regardless of where you bought it.
    Assuming the previous owner hasn't had it replaced under warrenty before you should be good to go with Apple.
  5. Playerbones

Playerbones New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Perfect!!! Good info... Thanks a TON!
  6. jonnydrex

jonnydrex New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Thread: Help! Where do I buy charger port?

It's available at tvc-tech.com(China) for $2.00 or from my store at driphonedirect.com(Los Angeles,CA). If you go to the tvc-tech.com site, ask for or email Tom. Goodluck!
    -JonnyDrex