~HELP~ weird wifi connection...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by cfol103, Jan 4, 2008.

1. cfol103

cfol103 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well the thing is that when I go out of my house which uses Wifi because I have a router, my signal is lost on my touch....I know that this is supposed to happen but when I come back my Router is still turned on and when I check for Wifi on my Ipod it shows my houses connection Very Strong so I should be able to connect,
    but my ipod touch always says
    "Unable to Join the Network"

So then I have to go and reset my Router wait a couple mins and then finally I can get on with no problems and use my internet(which is preety fast, not slow at all)

This is very annoying because other people in this house are using the internet to work sometimes and going up and resetting it, its just....No...

Does this happen to most ppl? Can I fix this, What should I change?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Much thanks
  2. River

River New Member

Is it a poorly placed 'b' router? Why turn it off when you have issues, just renew the lease on your iPod.
  3. cfol103

cfol103 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What do you mean "poorly placed b router"? My router is a normal good linkysis one that almost never gives me problems...
    I have actually tryed renewing the lease on my Ipod like a week ago and this is still not working..
  4. cfol103

cfol103 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Anyone? Help..
  5. RL6

RL6 New Member

try turn off ur wifi on ur ipod then turn it back on or renew the lease.
  6. computerwiz_222

computerwiz_222 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    As the other post explained...

When you leave the router, the router assumes that you still have an IP address. When you come back, it makes you another IP and somehow this conflicts in the router. I know that you say that it is a "normal good linksys router" and I am not putting them down, because I own them myself, but in large companies this is why they use better equipment. To solve this problem, renew the lease. You shouldn't have to reset the router.
  7. cfol103

cfol103 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How do I renew the Lease?
    I clicked Renew the lease on my ipod do I have to do it on my Computer if so how?
    Thx
  8. cfol103

cfol103 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hmm i need to see how to renew it on my pc because I already did it on mi ipod
  9. KingPelvis

KingPelvis New Member

I'm struggling with the same thing more or less. I have been in another country for a almost two months now and here I rely on WiFi exclusively to connect.

After the first week or two I found myself unable to connect to most of the WiFI spots I had used before. Since then my days have included a LOT of walking and ordering extra coffees I can't get down just to be able to sit down somewhere where they have WiFi.

Now I have covered virtually every place withing ten square blocks. Renewing the lease does nothing and the problem persists on my iPod as well as on my PowerBook. My theory is that it may be Apple related, as everyone else around me surf merrily along on their PCs.
  10. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

When you are within range of the hotspot, have you tried tapping the right-arrow beside that hotspot's name and tapping "Forget network" and then tried reconnecting? I've found that this works when all else fails.