Help water damage

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bila2919, Jun 6, 2010.

1. bila2919

bila2919 New Member

so i had my i pod on while i went swimming and forgot it was in my pocket so yea it went in the pool with me for about 10 minutes then i did int turn it on and just took it home cleaned it, then took a vacuum and sucked the dock for 5 minutes then took bag of rice put it in for a day, in the morning took the i pod out and checked i heard a beep i think the water senser went on but i don't know and it wont turn on...shud i send it to apple or no? or do something before it... i don't wanna get flagged... all i see is a white strip in the middle and 2 yelow reddish squares beside it..
  2. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    did you touch any of the buttons? Don't press anything. Keep it in the rice for at least 7 days I'd say. And good thinking with the vacuum but that shouldn't affect how long you leave it in the rice. 7 Days minimum. Especially if you went swimming with it for a full 10 mins.
  3. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I've seen so many threads like this, and I have one question, how the HELL do you forget that your iPod is in your pocket???

Anyways, keep it in the rice for about two weeks for maximum dryness, and pray alot that It'll survive.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know right??? its crazy.
  5. bila2919

bila2919 New Member

im soo stupid... i only left it in there for a day took it out and its not turning on i did press buttons and allthat its been a day since in rice... if it had water damage the screen wuda went white and turned off but my ipod aint reacting atall ieven tried charging just wont turn on... the senser in ear phone jack has a little paper with white 3/4 frm top to bottom and little pink at the bottom. and narwal lol first time i ever forgot my ipod was in my pocket.. i had wallet in one and ipod in another i payed with wallet so i had it in my hands and ipod totally forgot.... i dont know what to do its still in the rice... thought i have tried turning it on...
  6. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    If you tried turning it on, it's probably screwed. Keep it in the rice and, don't forget this, pray and hope!
  7. bila2919

bila2919 New Member

thx... im soo angry and sad... just got it like 2 months ago... my friend has 3 year warranty and every 3 months he purposly screws his ipod water damage or watever to get a new one... i dont know how he does but he uses bleach any idea? he puts bleach in dock and jack and gets a brand new ipod the next week
  8. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    What your friend does is considered consumer fraud (i think?) and is baaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Keep your hopes up and everything should be okay, I'll be hoping for your iPod too.

9. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, that is fraud and shouldn't be discussed here.

EDIT: FRIGGIN NINJA'D!!!! AHH!!!!!
  10. bila2919

bila2919 New Member