HELP!! water damage itouch wont turn on

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hklover2011, Apr 8, 2010.

1. hklover2011

hklover2011 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok to this morning I was brushing my teeth with my itouch next to me on the counter, it was working fine then my music started to skip so I looked at my ipod to see it had a water droplet on the screen so I hurry up and wipe it off. After that the music stop and it turn off to reboot,but it stayed on the screen with the apple. I didnt think it was water damage because I ear phone on and it was only one little water droplet on the screen. So then the screen changed into connect to itunes, so I did that and it said that it needed to be restored, and itunes said error 1611. Also when it restored the screen would be normal then flash white with the apple in the middle. So finally looked in the ear jack and saw that the srip was a light pink and I think its fried cause now after i turned it off it wont turn on at all. So what do I do? Should I see if i can get it fix or just get a whole new itouch?
  2. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Light Pink = Water Damage, you can try the apple store but if they decide you got it wet then it's out of warranty and it's going to be cheaper to just buy a new one.
  3. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    bad idea to turn it on after its touched water. Put it in a bag of rice for a couple weeks. Apple wont do anything for free with a water damamged ipod
  4. hklover2011

hklover2011 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yea I did that and blow dried it for a few mintunes and it seem to got worst because now it wont turn on at all
  5. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Still, there might still be water inside, put it in a bag of rice for couple of weeks, if your lucky the insides might have not gotten fried because you tried to turn it on.
  6. hklover2011

hklover2011 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok I will, thank. Hopefully it works

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just making sure I dont have to take it apart do I becuase some people said that if I take it apart would work better.
  7. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    pwnt? sorry for your loss
  8. hklover2011

hklover2011 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    do youthink i can still send it in, it has warranty i only got my itouch 4 months ago and it still has a one year warranty. Is it true that apple dont cover water damage? So should i get a whole new ipod or will sending it into apple help any?
  9. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Apple won't do anything with water damage, water damage isnt covered. You could try selling your ipod on ebay as a "iPod Touch 3G 8GB AS IS" people buy em around $20-60 i belive
  10. neodaman

neodaman New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i cant really help u much but i would suggest if u decide to get a new ipod touch then just wait for the 4g to come out
    until then buy a shuffle

just saying its only like half aa year left