Help Very New Here

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Fezikk, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Fezikk

Fezikk New Member

heya everyone well i just found out about the whole jailbreaking yesterday, believe it or not lol, well me and a bunch of my army buddies went out and downloaded the jailbreaking stuff from Iliberty. and i want to know how to do alot of things like Customizing...
    whats open SSH and BDH (i think thats right) and sometimes when i want to download things like games or different apps it doesnt allow me to download them? can i get some help.. tried to find some guides on all of that but cant really find anything. thanks

Sgt Morris
    US ARMY
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Open SSH is a app that lets you access your iPod through your computer through wifi.
    BSD Subsystem is an app that lets other apps run. FInd it, tap install, tap clear queue, then install it.

Check out my SSH guide on my youtube page (see my sig)
  3. Fezikk

Fezikk New Member

yea i tried to install BSD subsystems and it says Error package download failed.
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you wait a few days it might work as the repo might just be down for now. If you can´t wait, there is probably some other source from which you can get bsd. I don´t know any offhand, and my iPod isn´t exactly working right now.
  5. Fezikk

Fezikk New Member

so this repo thing it allows ALL the downloads? like i cant download games even, but like an hour ago i was able to. and how does the whole customizing thing work?
  6. infidelius

infidelius New Member

Hey guys,

I am going to ask smth that is kind of off-topic since i dont want to start a new topic for this. Is there any way to install apps without using the iPod wi-fi but just to upload them through your PC? Thanks
  7. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If all packages give you a ´´package dl failed´´ message, then first completely shut off your ipod, then turn it back on. Then turn off wifi and then put it back on. Check to make sure that the packages you are trying to download are from different repos. Also, search, as there are probably guides on how to fix this error.
    Yes. Use something like iPhoneBrowser.

Rep me if I helped any one of you.

Please Register or Log in to view images