HELP! USB Won't Recongnize

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by rabbitize, Jul 29, 2009.

1. rabbitize

rabbitize New Member

i jailbroke my itouch 2G last night using the tethered method and i didn't like it a whole lot because if i reboot it it would not boot back up...well i would always get it to come back up after fighting with it, so i decided (without reading..stupid me) to jst attempt a full reset and hoped it would revert back to the orginal settings wiping the jailbreak. Well now its on the black screen and won't boot up at all. I attempt to put it into DFU mode and Windows states the the USB is unrecognized and the device manager shows it as Unknown Device and i keept attempting to put it into DFU mode and it be recognized BUT have had no luck so far..attempted to reboot the system, try it on another system, tried whatever i could with it disconnected and tried different ports and what not..any other ideas? I've seen im not the only person thats had this issue but i haven't found a complete fix for it yet and im hoping someone has found a fix..

Running Windows XP.
  2. Puaar94

Puaar94 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ok when you DFU does i tunes Recognize ???
  3. rabbitize

rabbitize New Member

No i checked that too..sorry..forgot to mention that
  4. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why did you do a tethered jailbreak? If you used cyw00d there should be a boot helper. Never use a tethered jailbreak, if you get your iPod back running jailbreak with redsn0w latest version.
  5. rabbitize

rabbitize New Member

Well mistakes are made and problems have occured..now its the attempt to see what a resolution could be
  6. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Did u use cyw00d?
  7. rabbitize

rabbitize New Member

No i didn't use that method but i did attempt to run the software to see if it would help..it has to the same setup minus the GUI. I received it from a site called http://tysiphonehelp.com
  8. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    use official tools next time, what you need to do is

1. try putting it into DFU mode (tut in my sig)
    2. try different usb ports, computers and cables
    3. try reinstalling itunes

that's all i can think of...
  9. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well the same happenned to me, though in the untethered jailbreak so i simply plugged it in the comp as i normally would and put it in dfu mode as if it were on. are u sure u r getting dfu mode correct, cos i wasn't
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    and yeah, sorry for double post but almost every1 does this - they hold down both sleep and home buttons together in the begginning, as i figured it worked better holding the sleep button for 3 seconds first then hold down home button along with it and 10 seconds later let go of the sleep/wake button. hope this helps
  10. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    that's why i provided a tut for him, and you don't need to double post, just click edit