HELP!!! UPGRADING FROM 1.1.4 to 2.0/2.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by izkoh2, Sep 20, 2008.

1. izkoh2

izkoh2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    PEOPLE OUT THERE HELP ME! I USED TO HAVE A 1.1.4 JAILBROKEN IPODTOUCH AND I TRIED TO UPDATE IT TO 2.0 (THE IPOD TOUH VERSION) AND THEY GIVE ME UKNOWN ERROR 5 I EVEN TRIED ALL THE OTHER IPHONES ONE SAME ERROR. as a result i restored it to 1.1.4 no jailbroken and the error is still there can some one help me!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. leach139

leach139 New Member

Woah, calm down! You need to go into DFU mode (use search) and use that to restore. If you want, restore to 2.1 and QuickPwn that.
  3. cky93

cky93 New Member

u on itunes 8???
  4. keyboarder

keyboarder Banned

oh jeez here we go.........go into DFU and restore. also RESTORE and then update then re-jail break.

EDIT: DFU can be done by holding down power and home for 10secs than hold down the home button till the device is found by itunes.
  5. Dloader Girl

Dloader Girl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Using the latest iTunes (8.0) and restoring instead of upgrading usually works.

I tried updating from 1.1.4 straight to 2.1 and it didn't work, I got the same error message. So I figured because of the big difference in the firmware etc when it changed from 1.1.4 to 2.0 (and that I bypassed the whole 2.0 firmware) it was best if I just restored to 2.1.

the restoring process took so much longer than the previous restores I've done (1.1.2 - 1.1.3 etc) but the point is that it worked after about 10 minutes or so.

So .... try restoring to 2.1 instead of updating.