help upgrade to 1.1.4!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by Wyatt2987, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am so furious with my computer or iTunes right now. What ever is causing the problem. I had this same problem with 1.1.3 and had to go to my moms friends house to upgrade to 1.1.3. But anyways when I try downloading the software to my computer, it either gives me an error message saying and error has occured or it says my connection times out. This happened about 3 or four times. I am not calling apple again because they had no clue what they were talking about when I had to upgrade to 1.1.3 and one time they had me waiting for 35 minutes and no one ever picked up. What can I do?
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I'm sure you some one may have a link to download it. I have it on my computer but am waiting to install in a few weeks. I don't think I have a way to upload it.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, for one thing, you're getting that error cause your internet SUCKS.

If you want the firmware so bad, get it here:

http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
  4. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah I know my internet sucks. But I think its my slow ass computer too. The update link that you gave me, it has restore next to 1.1.4. Is that gonna restore my iPod?
  5. Spiritus55

Spiritus55 New Member

If you know how to update the "right" way, it won't.

When you are updating your iPod, instead of just left clicking update, hold Shift and THEN right click (while holding shift) and it'll bring up a file browser, find where you downloaded the 1.1.4 firmware, and open it, then it'll update with that firmware.

You're welcome.