Help Upgrade Haywire!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.5 Discussions' started by l Taz l, Jul 15, 2008.

1. l Taz l

l Taz l New Member

I had my ipod jailbroken at 1.1.1 for months and today got the urge to upgrade to 1.1.4 and jailbreak that. I already had 1.1.4 dled, so I installed it on my ipod. My ipod restarted and I find that instead of having 1.1.4 it has 1.1.5. At first I was like whatever I will just jailbreak it because it is the same. Then I click on music and it goes to music and bounces right back to my springboard. It does the same thing with movies. SO finally I though I will just restore it through Itunes. Well when I plug it in itunes does not register that I have my ipod plugged in. CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE?

EDIT: FIXED THANKS
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Try placing your iPod touch into DFU Mode, by following one of these three ways:
    (Make sure you have your iPod touch plugged in to your computer)

1. Go into ZiPhone and select 'Prepare for Upgrade' (All this does is place iPod touch into DFU Mode)
    2. Go into iLiberty+ and select the 'Other Tools' tab and then select 'Enter DFU Mode'.
    3. Do so manually, by holding Sleep/Wake button and Home button together, and once the iPod touch turns off, wait a second or two and then let go of the Sleep/Wake button, still holding the Home button.

Once you've done one of the three ways listed above, open up iTunes and iTunes will recognize the iPod touch in DFU Mode (Device Firmware Upgrade Mode) at which point you can restore normally.
  3. kurtisboyd

kurtisboyd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Glad you got it working.

'Good 'ol DFU....'