[HELP] Update to 1.1.4 without deleting apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by odin13, Apr 3, 2008.

1. odin13

odin13 New Member

Hey, I am currently on 1.1.2 and I was wondering if it's possible to update to 1.1.4 without deleting all my apps and stuff like that.

I was thinking, with the release of Pwnage Tool, could I mod a 1.1.4 firmware file to be jailbroken and then install that on my 1.1.2 ipod in iTunes? Would that work?

Any help would be great, thanks!
  2. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

updating the ipod to 1.1.4 jailbroken WILL delete the apps currently on the touch
  3. realbigpimp

realbigpimp New Member

imo this can be a problem because not every app is compatible with firmware 1.1.4. If you'd install the modded firmware on your ipod you'd loose all the apps. On the other hand i've never tried the pwnage tool so everything is possible
  4. moosh

moosh New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think you'll have to back everything up and re-ssh them back onto your ipod. Which sucks because if you have wikipedia and a lot of ebooks like I do, it'll take some time to do that. For now, I don't think it's worth it. Especially with 2.0 coming out soon.
  5. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

I tried that once it just messes things up, I copied the applications over and they would open and straight away close to springboard