Help!! trying to now switch to itunes on another computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jahsetproductions, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Jahsetproductions

Jahsetproductions New Member

Thanks for you time guys. I bought my Ipod touch before I bought my mac and had used my friends pc and Itunes to update and store my ipod apps music etc. Now that I have my own mac i want to be able to use it to store apps and update music and movies without erasing ipod and starting over. for example when i plug it into my mac and try to "transfer purhcases" it does not work. I am also affraid to update the software for losing my apps, i have a few that i dont want to lose and have to buy again... WHAT DO I DO??? thank you soo much for any help!

Gus
  2. InsertiPodHere

InsertiPodHere New Member

http://lifehacker.com/software/itun...-library-from-a-pc-to-mac-and-back-242468.php

Here you go
    Also after you done that, you need to deauthorize your friends computer from your iTunes account
    And authorize your new mac.

Enjoy your new mac!

P.S. DO NOT sync before you authorize your computer or it will wipe everything you brought from the iPod (even if you did that, after it authorizes it will sync again, but thats a complete waste of time)
  3. Jahsetproductions

Jahsetproductions New Member

thank you so much.... only one thing... my friends laptop is current taking a long dirt nap

Please Register or Log in to view images

lol i think it may just be the power supply but i dont know when it will be fixed... so does this hinder my in anyway? thanks again.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    until or unless he fixes his laptop, im screwed arent I? DOH!!
  4. InsertiPodHere

InsertiPodHere New Member

Well, all your music is on there right? So if he can't turn on his laptop, your files are stranded.

I would recommend not syncing right now, even if you authorized your computer I'm not sure whether if iTunes delets everything on your iPod and redownload your apps and puts them on again or something. From what I've heard, they wont let you download again.

The most sound way is to just wait.

And if you brought music, same thing, not sure about the music you already have.
  5. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah you can redownload apps for free. To O.P.: Get tuneaid to transfer your music from your iPod to iTunes.