Help To Understand Cydia

Discussion in 'iPhone Applications on iPod touch' started by rlopez.galvez, Apr 14, 2008.

1. rlopez.galvez

rlopez.galvez New Member

Ok i am new on this so be calm

1.- I make the jail Break on My Ipod Touch of 16 Gigas First generation (with out Maps and other stuff) with the Iliberty Program, it works fine... every thing ok here

then i saw a dock added called Cydia, i enter and try to guess how it works but it is not useful i just get a game Tris, and other game and thats all that i could do, i install a lot of applications that Cydia has, trying to find the application to customize my ipod, i install a lot of themes thinking that after i install it i could use it, but i didn't, there is no place to customize my ipod, i try to find the maps application on Cydia and it isn't there, also i try to get the weather app but also is not there, i install the terminal in my ipod trying to add more repositories but didnt understand how.

I use Ubuntu so I understad a little about source.list, every body say that Cydia has the principal repositories, but it hasnt a lot of programs, how i get those programs like apollo or sutff like that is there a guide to do it...

Thaks alot for your time and please explain me like if i was on elementary jajaja

Please Register or Log in to view images

sorry for my English i dont speak very well
  2. dabomb1022

dabomb1022 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    just use installer cydia is still in testing
  3. rlopez.galvez

rlopez.galvez New Member

Yes I Am i don't installing knowing that i do, i just find that Iliberty was there easier way to jailbreak my ipod so I use it and it Install me the Cydia application...
    I saw the Menus in Cydia but the names of the application don't tell me much... so I think that the good stuf are in other repositories, so i want to add those repositories to my Cidya to get the application to customize my ipod and to get maps and weather jeje

Maybe is easier to install installer.app but how i do it? those Cydia has this application?
  4. toehead

toehead New Member

Cydia and installer don't use the same kind of repositories.

Cydia has a handful of supported repositories, but ones designed for installer will not work.
  5. rlopez.galvez

rlopez.galvez New Member

How do i Install Sumers Board from Cydia?

I down load a lot of themes for Sumers Board But How i install it??

How I add New repositories to the source.list of Cydia... COuld i Modify the Sourse list in linux, add the repositories and replace that file on the Ipod???

Where i find good repositories