HELP! The HDR problem!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Assviolator, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Assviolator

Assviolator Banned

Hi guys. I got a problem after I added the HDR feature to my IPT 4. I followed all the instructions from the HDR instruction thread. and after i rebooted my device the HDR feature was sucessfully added. but the thing is when i turn on the HDR , then i take a picture, the camera freezes! it shows " saving HDR " ! i have to restart camera to take another picture. The pictures were acctually saved but the photo quality WASNT improved!

Does anyone have the same problem as i do or its just me?? someone help?
  2. xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx

xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    i think you done something wrong, can you link me to the thread you followed.
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Hm, I had almost the same problem, except the wheel would keep spinning forever (when it says 'Saving HDR'. Did you put the code under the right section? In the AVControl plist, I accidentally put the code under <key>AVCaptureMode_PhotoCapture</key> when it was supposed to be under <string>AVCaptureMode_FrontFacingPhotoCapture</string>

Please Register or Log in to view images

I got mixed up between the two.
  4. Assviolator

Assviolator Banned

5. xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx

xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  6. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    You definitely edited the AVCapture.plist wrong. Follow the directions from any of the links above (They both are 100% accurate and actually the same). Try using a Desktop App to edit it instead of iFile. If you need a plist editor for Windows, there is one here: http://www.icopybot.com/blog/free-plist-editor-for-windows-10-released.htm

It's freeware and works well... This is what I used.

If you don't have the time to re-edit, there is a Cydia app that is going to be released soon on the BigBoss repo.
  7. Assviolator

Assviolator Banned

thanks for replying man. yeah, the wheel would spin forever when it says " saving HDR" if i dont turn my camera off. hmm.. i guess maybe i put the code in the wrong line. i will double check it . thanks a lot.

btw, if the HDR functions, does the photo quality impove?
  8. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Quality can't be improved (New camera sensor would be needed to do this), but they do look better (Lighting looks nicer; better for low light).

And I can just about 100% confirm that you edited the AVCapture.plist incorrectly.
  9. Assviolator

Assviolator Banned

lol. my bad. im downloading the plist editor now. hopefully i will get it working properly this time. and thank you so much!!! really helped!
  10. Eddiewattz

Eddiewattz Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I recommend staying away from the cydia app. I installed it and it didnt even show up under winterboard. after i uninstalled it and rebooted, my device was stuck on apple logo. Apparently when you uninstall it, it removes the original file aswell, because when I navigated to the folder where the modified file went, the original file was GONE, hence why it was stuck at the apple screen (was still able to hook it up to my computer and use ifunbox while it was stuck).

If you want my advice, just manually edit it. And if it's not working, then you did something wrong and need to go back over your edits...