Help - Sync application into itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amozh, Feb 16, 2009.

1. amozh

amozh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi,

I'm newbie in Itouch.
    Just bought a lot of application from Apps. store through my computer (authorize already) - and totally around 210 application via itunes. When I use to sync into my itouch - it's only some of the application is sync.
    I count the total application that are sync into my itouch is only 9 dot (i count the dot in the itouch screen) x 16 apps = total 144 apps.

So, please kindly assist :
    1. Is there the total application that can load into itouch? 144 apps only = 9 dots ? Although my 2G 16 GB is still have 12 GB free?
    2. How to install the other application that can not be put from itunes to itouch?
    3. Or there are problem with my itouch so that I need to bring it again to Apple shop?

Thanks a lot. Appreciat.
  2. neonblues

neonblues New Member

you cant have all 210 application into your ipod touch...
    ipod touch only supprot 9 pages application including
    the regular(applications already built in) apps...

so all in all you're right! 9 x 16(app/page) = 144
    so try to sync only what you needed...

you may try the apps first and then erase what you don't like or

you dont need...

i don't think you'll use all 210...

bottom line: your ipod isn't faulty, try choosing apps you need
  3. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    A: Yes. you have 144 apps to load up over 9 pages minus the ones that are already installed. so yes and no. 144 - (pre-installed apps) = space left. Regardless of gigs. The 32 gig is the same as far as i have seen

A: If you are talking about Installer and Cydia, then you will have to perform a Jailbreak on your device. Dont do it if you are a newb. It will be more of a headache for us when you mess it up and come back and ask the same questions everyone else does when they mess it is and dont bother hitting the search button and looking. Get used to using your new iPod before you start trying to install the Jailbreak. you have a lot of apps to get through already

A: No. It sounds as if it working just the way it should. 210 apps is A LOT of apps. like "FHWOAR!!" a little to many if you ask me. but as you go through them, sort out the ones you like and keep them, and delete the ones you dont like or dont use, install one you haven't used yet and you will be back to 144 apps in no time

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. amozh

amozh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Many thanks to neonblues and pegaxs

Count already as a newb - I get 7 (seven)<--BZZZT! .

So, now I understand that max is 9 pages x 16 apps - preinstall apps. So, after buying & paying so much apps in the apps store - is totally wastage. Wish I could ask my money back from Apple. Cost me $200 already.
    They should give warning for this. I search already their info in the support but didn't mention.

Now, will search first what is installer, cydia and jailbreak. Hope that jailbreak kan make me upload all application in iPod Touch. <-- Correct Spelling !!

5. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Fist of all, my pleasure to help you out!

and with the apps, you always own them. they are always on itunes. so you have not wasted your $$'s you can always install them if you remove ones you are not using. in a day you could not possibly have a need for 210 apps. just install the ones you will use all the time and a few of your favorites. install others as you think you are going to need them.

Jailbreak will let you install some more if you install SBSettings and put a few icons on the dock. its not alot more. you are still stuck with 144 on the main page.

but most important is if you paid for them, you own them. they are in itunes. you just cant load them all up at once

6. firefoxuser

firefoxuser New Member

yeah you can with the jailbreak , you can install categories. no limit of apps then, you can move them to folders