HELP Stuck on Apple Logo-iTunes Doesn't Recognize

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MonkeyvilleKat, Feb 7, 2008.

1. MonkeyvilleKat

MonkeyvilleKat New Member

I have a iPod Touch and it has been working great. I had a Jailbroken 1.1.2 then last night I went through the Jailbreak 1.1.3 steps that was listed on this board and when it restarted it is stuck on the apple logo. It will turn off automatically and then go right back to the apple logo and stick for a while then restart and right back to the apple logo. I tried holding down the home & power button and it will turn off then when you turn it on it goes right back to the stick apple logo. I plugged it into my computer and was hoping to hit the restore in itunes, but itunes does not recognize that it is even plugged in. How do I get it off of the stuck apple logo so that I can restore it ? If I leave it on and let the batteries run down do you think I will then be able to plug it in to itunes and it will recognize it like when you first get your ipod and download your software ? PLEASE HELP ! !

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks & God Bless,
    MonkeyvilleKat
  2. hater bx

hater bx New Member

im having a similar problem
    i had installed the 1.1.1 update on my ipod since itunes still recognized it
    but its still having problems
    i didnt know their was a 1.1.3 jailbreak so i guess its safe to restore
  3. Gaming Warrior

Gaming Warrior New Member

MonkeyvilleKat, i think the last thing you want to do is flaten the battery if you are unable to charge it.
    Try this a tell me how you go, have the ipod plugged into your computer and hold the home button down while it boots.
  4. xrandomx

xrandomx New Member

read the thread on how to force your ipod into recovery mode.
  5. MonkeyvilleKat

MonkeyvilleKat New Member

Thank You So Much

Hello Everyone,
    Thank Yo So Much for all of the help, I really appreciate it. This board is GREAT and so very helpful. I uninstalled iTunes then reinstalled iTunes 7.5 version. I had been doing the steps that had been listed on this board about having the USB cord plugged in your computer then hold the home button down on the iPod Touch while plugging in the other end of the cord in the iPod. I tried that several times and still no luck, but I tried it again and it finally worked the iTunes logo & cord photo showed up on the iPod Touch screen. You have to really be sure that the Home button is held down just right or it will not recognize that you are pushing it. I finally got everything reinstalled on my iPod Touch like it was before, I think I will just keep it like it was which was a Customized 1.1.2 iPod Touch. Thanks Again for all of the help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks & God Bless,
    MonkeyvilleKat