Help!!!!!!!!!! Stuck in recovery mode

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by FrederickGeek8, Jun 9, 2010.

1. FrederickGeek8

FrederickGeek8 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Hello I was jailbreaking my friends ipod touch (2G MC model) and before i nothised that he was at 3.1.2 so i tryed to upgrade him to 3.1.3 but it failed and now it is at the recovery mode (connect to itunes screen.) How do i get it out!??!?!? I have done it in windows using ireb on mine but its not working on his! Also i have tryed irecovery in Mac that is not working eather... I have a mac and a pc so i dont care what os it is on.
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Have you tried rebooting? If that doesn't work then restore.
  3. FrederickGeek8

Device:
    iPad 4
    I have tryed rebooting but that is not working... Restoring would be my last resort because i do not want to erase his stuff. Thanks for the quick response though
  4. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    you have to restore
  5. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, you are going to have to restore. But before you do, I suggest using a USB-type SSH client such as iFunBox (Windows) or DiskAid (Windows/Mac) to look into your device's files. By going into the applications folder, you will be able to see what applications you have. From there you could take screen shots or write down the names of the applications that he has. Then just restore, and jailbreak his device using Spirit (http://spiritjb.com/). After that, re-download all of his AppStore apps from the list that you wrote down. It can get a little tedious and annoying, but works. (Also, don't forget to Sync with your iTunes once in a while.)
  6. FrederickGeek8

Device:
    iPad 4
    iFunbox is not detecting his device... plus he does not have any apps just music...