Help, Stuck at "Connecting" in Safari

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by winz85, Sep 29, 2009.

1. winz85

winz85 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey everyone. I have the ipod touch firmware 3.1 . Encounter a problem while connecting to safari with a public wireless.

All of the time, Safari on my itouch gets completely stuck "connecting" to a website. It grays out everything behind it, and I get the word "Connecting" with a spinning graphic. Anyone else having this issue? A hard reset fixes it only sometimes.

I dont have this problem while connecting to my own wireless at home. Only when connecting to a public network (Wireless@SG), this problem occurs.

If you've seen this issue, have you found a way to fix it?
  2. Flagpole

Flagpole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That sounds like a problem with that network. try connecting to another one instead.
  3. caboose1408

caboose1408 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm having the same exact problem. It's pissing me off.
    What the hell does it mean?
  4. machinezt

machinezt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ipod touch

i also encounter this problem today, just bought the ipod touch 8GB last week...

network at home is okay
    but comes to wireless@sg, the first time i connect, it directs me to the Wireless@sg login page to sign in... den when i disconnect and try again a while later, it no longer prompts the login page upon connection.

i tried to manual key in the url of the wireless@sg login, but it gets stuck at "Connecting"

i did a network setting reset, the login page prompts for 1st attempt, but subsequent attempt fails...

i believe it has something to do with the ipod automatically saving the password and userid for our wi-fi settings.

is there anywhere to disable this feature of automatic saving of id and password?
  5. Erian

Erian New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have the same problem