Help!! Sound issues with docking station

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by duster72, Nov 28, 2008.

1. duster72

duster72 New Member

I need some help if possible. I had an 80 gb ipod video and have had it connected to my home stereo through an apple ipod docking station to listen to music. I recently purchased a 32 gb Touch and when I use it with the docking station to play through my stereo, it does not work. The sound works if I connect through the headphone jack with a Y adapter, but when I use the docking station the sound only comes out the Touch speaker but not directed through the home stereo. Is there something I'm doing wrong with the settings on the Touch or do I need a new station?
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

which docking station?
  3. duster72

duster72 New Member

I'm unsure, but I bought it 3 years ago for my ipod photo 60 gb, manufactured by apple and has a line out, s-video out and ipod connector on the back. It has always worked great for all my different ipods but not for the touch.
  4. QuickMotion

QuickMotion New Member

I ran into the same problem with a brand new high-quality table-top music system docking station, I just bought last week. For an 80 GB iPod Classic, there is no problem, it plays directly through the docking station and it sounds great. It also charges the iPod.

However, it does not work for an 16 GB iPod Touch 2G. It only plays through the iPod speakers. The iPod does not charge either. I have not been able to make it work though the docking station.

Does anyone know how to make it works?
  5. foleymt

foleymt New Member

sound & docking issue

I searched the postings for an answer but could not find a resolution just other postings with similar problems. Is there a good solution???

I received a 2G and when I dock it to my Sony Bravia Home Theater, that is less than a year old, it doesn't work. My daughters iPods work fine in the dock. I tried putting it in my daughter's speaker docking system and it doesn't work - I only hear the internal speaker.

So I spent $20 for a Y connector to go from the headphone jack and even with the volume all the way on the Touch 2G and the volume all the way up on my home theater and desktop system in my office the volume is extremely low. Not even as loud as the internal speaker.

Is there anything I can do to improve the volume or docking capability?????
  6. oboise

oboise New Member

I actually ave the same issue with a 2G Touch (replaced my 1G which was destroyed) and noticed that even with the cable I have ( ipod connector to dual rca) the music insists on playing through the internal speaker on the ipod, and not the stereo. This set up worked fine with my 1G touch, and now i'm trying to find out how to disable he internal speaker.
  7. blackbandit18

blackbandit18 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch